TORONTO: Darya Selinevich faces nine charges in connection with deadly hit and run
Cyclist dead after alleged hit and run, woman faces 9 charges
Darya Selinevich, 22, allegedly fled the scene after the collision
CBC News Posted: Jun 11, 2015 6:59 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 11, 2015 12:49 PM ET
Darya Selinevich allegedly fled the scene after hitting a 44-year-old cyclist who was crossing an intersection.
A 44-year-old man was pronounced dead at Finch Avenue West and Tobermory Road.
The man, who has yet to be identified, suffered “catastrophic, traumatic injuries,” said EMS supervisor Ryan Van Poorten.
Soon after the crash, police located a woman in a vehicle they believe was involved in the incident about 5.5 kilometres away from the scene. She was allegedly driving a badly damaged, dark blue BMW.
Selinevich faces seven criminal charges and two provincial charges.
Of the nine charges, seven are criminal charges:
- Driving while disqualified.
- Criminal negligence causing death.
- Dangerous operation causing death.
- Impaired operation causing death.
- Fail to stop after accident causing death.
- Flight while being pursued by police.
- Refusing to provide a breath sample, after someone has died.
The two provincial charges are:
- Driving while under suspension.
- Driving a motor vehicle with no current validation on the plate.